|Miami-Dade Evacuation Program EEAP
The Emergency and Evacuation Assistance Program (EEAP) is for eligible individuals in Miami-Dade County who need evacuation assistance and/or sheltering or who would like to receive a wellness call after a disaster, if an evacuation was not necessary for the individual’s location. Eligible applicants will be assigned to an emergency evacuation center appropriate for the level of care required. These centers are also available for those under the age of 18 who require a specialized level of care.
Eligible individuals are those who:
- are unable to evacuate on their own due to a specialized transportation need
- are homebound residents and unable to walk to a bus pickup point and do not have anyone that can provide transportation
- have medical needs that prevent them from evacuating on their own
- are bedbound patients
- are on life-sustaining medical equipment that requires electricity
- require assistance with daily living activities
Do not wait until an evacuation order is issued. Click here for more information at the Miami-Dade County Website.
Download Application: EEAP Application - English, EEAP Application - Spanish
When an emergency arises, pre-registered individuals will have priority over those who have not registered for the program.