It is important to make sure that the entire family is prepared and informed in the event of a disaster or emergency. You may not always be together when these events take place and should have plans for making sure you are able to contact and find one another.
MIAMI DADE COUNTY
Click here to visit Broward County Website for more valuable information, Hurricane Resources, Live Stream, and more.
Download Emergency Plans below:
- For parents (PDF)
- For kids (PDF)
- For transit commuters (PDF)
- For your wallet (PDF)
- Steps to make a plan (PDF)
- Tips on emergency alerts and warnings (PDF)
Let Your Family Know You’re Safe
If your community has experienced a disaster, register on the American Red Cross Safe and Well website to let your family and friends know you are safe. You may also call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) and select the prompt for “Disaster” to register yourself and your family.
Miami-Dade Evacuation Program EEAP
The Emergency and Evacuation Assistance Program (EEAP) is for eligible individuals in Miami-Dade County who need evacuation assistance and/or sheltering or who would like to receive a wellness call after a disaster if an evacuation was not necessary for the individual’s location. Eligible applicants will be assigned to an emergency evacuation center appropriate for the level of care required. These centers are also available for those under the age of 18 who require a specialized level of care.
Eligible individuals are those who:
- are unable to evacuate on their own due to a specialized transportation need
- are homebound residents and unable to walk to a bus pickup point and do not have anyone that can provide transportation
- have medical needs that prevent them from evacuating on their own
- are bedbound patients
- are on life-sustaining medical equipment that requires electricity
- require assistance with daily living activities
Do not wait until an evacuation order is issued. Click here for more information at the Miami-Dade County Website.
When an emergency arises, pre-registered individuals will have priority over those who have not registered for the program.